Roofing Material Matchup: Metal Vs. Asphalt Shingles
Metal and asphalt shingle systems are two of the most popular roofing solutions in America. That begs the question: Which is better for your home? To answer that, Garlock-French Corporation sheds light on the winning qualities of both materials:
• Tough – Metal is one of the most durable materials on the planet. When properly installed, it can withstand the worst nature could throw at it. In fact, high-quality metal roofing systems can last for more than 50 years.
• Low-Maintenance – Metal roofs can stay serviceable with minimal upkeep. Unlike other materials that need periodic repairs, metal can endure the rigors of nature and generally stay in good shape on its own.
• Energy-Efficient – Metal is synonymous with a cool roof. A highly reflective and emissive product would bounce solar heat back to the sky instead of transferring the energy to the rest of your home. An energy-efficient metal roof is an elegant solution to help combat the urban heat island effect.
• Lightweight – Despite its exceptional strength, metal is one of the lightest roofing materials. It almost never requires any structural adjustment to properties when used for reroofing.
• Stunning – Aesthetic versatility is one of the claims to fame of asphalt shingles. They come in a huge array of colors, textures, and thicknesses, giving you considerable latitude to lend character to your home.
• Cost-Effective – Experienced roofing contractors know that asphalt shingles would give your home an upscale look without breaking the bank. They emulate the appearance of slate and wood at a fraction of the cost of those traditional materials.
• Fast-to-Install – Asphalt shingles are perhaps the easiest to install. The job can still be messy, but expect far less disruption.
• Value-Adding – Although the stock of metal is fast-rising, asphalt shingles are still the more appealing choice to most homeowners. If you decide to sell your property down the road, choosing asphalt shingles can help you recoup most of your investment at resale.
Let Garlock-French Corporation help you choose the best roofing solution for your home. Contact us today to schedule your consultation in Minneapolis, MN, at your convenience, and let’s get your project started.