Benefits of EPDM and TPO Roofs
Many homeowners these days are turning to greener options in home improvement. Households are more aware of the impact their choices have to the environment. It is no wonder that the roofing industry has to provide sustainable solutions, as well.
Garlock-French Corporation, top choice for roofing contractors in Minneapolis, continues to answer this call to environmental responsibility through more eco-friendly roofing materials. These include EPDM and TPO—components that benefit your low-slope roof economically and environmentally.
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer)
More commonly known as synthetic rubber, EPDM represents a green, high performance option for low-slope roofing. Here are seven facts you should know about this low slope roofing option:
- EPDM rubber is made from recycled materials, making them eco-friendly.
- It reflects heat, cutting down your cooling bills in the summer. It also acts as an insulator that helps reduce heating costs in colder months.
- EPDM roofs hold up well against wind, rain, snow, and even fire.
- EPDM makes for an easy, speedy roof installation.
- It has a long service life. It can take 30-50 years before you may need to replace them.
- EPDM doesn’t depend on gravity like traditional shingles, making it ideal for your low-slope roof.
- It’s available in a range of colors and textures. You have the choice of keeping the style of a traditional roof, while reaping the benefits of a rubber one.
TPO (Thermaplastic Olefin)
Another popular option in low-slope roofing, TPO provides absolute protection and economic advantages to your home. Here are some of its features:
- TPO has many color choices, making it a good fit to different home styles. Available in white, gray, and black reflective colors, its reflective and energy saving qualities should be beneficial for homeowners.
- It is durable, able to resist mold, dirt, tear, and punctures.
- TPO is generally easy to install because it comes in wider sheets and is lightweight. This minimizes the work and time associated with installation, saving you money.
- TPO shingles keep your home’s interior thermally comfortable, lowering the costs of heating and cooling.
It also helps having an experienced contractor to guide you. Garlock-French Corporation has been in the industry for 80 years. Our skilled team has years of expertise, knowledge, and training. From repair and replacement, to gutter cleaning and customized metal roofing in Minneapolis, we are the top choice.
As a GAF certified and Master Elite® contractor, we provide unmatched workmanship, products, and specialized services. Call us now at (612) 444-8900.